SONIC APRICITY - NEW MUSIC FOR VIOLIN/VIOLA DUO
What happens when you combine a love for uncovering new gems in classical music with two highly skilled performers? Violist Jacob Tews and Violinist Erik Rohde answer this very question with SONIC APRICITY: an album consisting of works they have either commissioned or championed and the namesake of their musical coalescence.
The duo presents a dynamic selection of new pieces from contemporary composers Augusta Read Thomas, Erzsébet Szőnyi, Elliott Miles McKinley, Christopher Walczak, and Michael-Thomas Foumai, an engaging program of works influenced by poetry, notable tales from pop culture, the passage of time, and more.
- Augusta Read Thomas: Rumi Settings
- Erzsébet Szőnyi: Duo for Violin and Viola
- Elliott Miles McKinley: Dialogues
- Christopher Walczak: Flashing Forward Thinking Back
- Michael-Thomas Foumai: Scrumdiddlyumptious
- Elliott Miles McKinley: The Dream Angel